There are many instances where you may need to conduct an investigation – disciplinary cases, grievances from staff or complaints about bullying or harassment to name a few. Often this can be done very effectively by someone inside the organisation but there are instances where commissioning an independent external investigator can help – for example where the most senior members of the organisation are involved, where there isn’t the capacity internally to devote time to a thorough and timely investigation or where there have been complaints about bias and favouritism and you need an extra level of impartiality.
Our service includes:
- Early discussion with you to determine whether formal investigation is the most appropriate action (for example, some situations may benefit from a less formal approach, such as mediation)
- Agreeing the scope and extent of any agreed formal investigation, establishing the exact nature of the matter to be investigated
- Fact finding – interviewing witnesses and others involved, reviewing any relevant documentary evidence – emails, reports, policies, social media communication etc
- Analysing the facts and evidence and drawing conclusions about matters such as witness credibility
- Writing a comprehensive report documenting findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Providing feedback to relevant parties
- Acting as a witness at hearings or tribunals
We approach each situation requiring investigation with objectivity, confidentiality, thoroughness and timeliness.
Please contact us for further information or a confidential no obligation discussion.